We’re a full-service agency dedicated to patients and marketing health brands. Our purpose is to make patients better—better communicators with their doctors, better managers of their treatments, and better advocates for their health. Since we opened our doors in 2000 as CDMiConnect, we have always put patients first. Now, as Patients & Purpose, we’re proud to put them in our name.
Our People Make The Place
There’s a real sense of community and chemistry here. Our people are a little bit nicer, friendlier, and more collaborative. We genuinely enjoy what we do, and we come together to make a difference in patients’ lives. From new hire happy hours to seasonal events like our summer party, we’re a group that knows how to work hard and have fun.
The VP, Director of Experience Planning, as part of our Emerging Digital Group (EDG), leads a growing group of digital-first experts who sit at the intersection of brand strategy, creative, and technology to deliver audience-centric experiences through the right channels, tactics, and partners. Our Experience Planners are anchored by tech trends, audience digital habits, digital platform knowledge & best practices, creative technology, CX, and purposeful innovation.
In addition to a background in digital strategy (or a related role), you will need to have a keen interest and curiosity in emerging technologies/platforms. Together with other members of the Experience Planning team, you’ll help us chart the future of healthcare marketing and get other teams and our clients excited about it!
The VP, Director of Experience Planning position reports into the EVP, Chief Experience Officer
What You’ll Do
- Entrepreneurship: Play a key role, alongside Experience Planning leadership, in keeping our agency ahead of the curve by evolving and building out our agency’s next generation digital strategy and innovation offering
- Team Leadership: Establish and mentor a growing team of Experience Planners while also tapping into enthusiastic, tech-forward agency explorers
- Digital/engagement strategy: Lead the development of channel strategies and tactical plans that meet our clients’ business goals, in partnership with brand strategy and creative teams
- Omnichannel planning: Lead the development of omnichannel strategies that integrate customer journey mapping, personalization, and data analytics to deliver a seamless and engaging customer experience across all touchpoints
- Innovation: Engage with emerging technologies and channels (AI, XR/immersive content, voice/audio tech, etc.) and identify opportunities for us to introduce new processes, partners, and tactics into our work, leveraging your strategic prowess to navigate it all
- Thought leadership: Provide guidance on digital marketing trends, best practices, inspiration and proactive POVs on emerging channels or technologies to our clients and our agency.
- Tactical ideation: Tease out the real why behind our clients challenges and guide the team in ideating initiatives that break through barriers and deliver on the key brands priorities in impactful and novel ways.
- Media integration: Bring working knowledge of media to provide high level thoughts in plans and opportunities our media partners share
- Agency enablement: Build out partnerships, cross-brand resources, and processes that allow clients and teams to get up to speed on digital trends/innovation and move quicker on digital opportunities
- New business growth: Play an active role in identifying and driving new opportunities and agency growth with inline brands and perspective clients
- Build relationships: Establish and foster relationships with other EDG service leads (XD + social), cross-functional agency colleagues, digital and innovation counterparts across OHG/Omnicom, as well as potential tech partners for deep and meaningful collaboration
What You’ll Bring
- Advanced-level thinking as a digital strategist (or related role) with 12+ years of agency experience, preferably experience managing a small team
- Pharmaceutical, healthcare or experience in another regulated industry (not required, but a bonus)
- A deep passion and fascination for digital/emerging technologies– you don’t mind getting your hands dirty to experiment with new technologies and platforms
- A solid, varied foundation in digital with fluency across web, mobile, social, SEO/SEM, and OLA
- An entrepreneurial spirt looking to continually grow and push things to new places
- An adaptable mindset, trying different approaches when necessary and adjusting based on learnings
- Experience creating dynamic and compelling presentations that deliver digital strategy and new thinking into a clear story, across the agency as well as with clients
- The ability to turn data points into insights that lead to actionable recommendations
- Fluency in digital and social analytics capabilities so that you can partner with our analytics team to set and evaluate KPIs
- The ability to explain things others may not always fully understand in a way that gets them excited about a channel, tactic, or innovation opportunity
- A collaborative nature that is unafraid to tap others for their unique perspectives and points of view as part of your work process
- Impeccable written, verbal communication, and storytelling skills
- Strong self-direction, motivation, and organization
Omnicom Health Group is committed to hiring and developing exceptional talent. We agree that talent is equally distributed, and we’re focused on developing diverse teams that can bring the best solutions to everything we do. We strongly believe that celebrating what makes us different makes us better together. Join us—we look forward to getting to know you.