No One Knows Patients Better
Patients & Purpose (P&P) is premier patient marketing agency. For 20+ years across 150+ brands, we’ve been focused on the patient and consumer healthcare experience through digital innovation, data mastery, unparalleled insights, and breakthrough creative. How many other agencies can say that?
Our Culture Connects Us
We’re all passionate about improving patients’ lives, but we share a lot more than a common purpose. Work-life balance, DE&I, employee training, and just plain having fun are all core to our culture. We want what’s best for our people, because ultimately, that’s what’s best for our agency. Check out our socials to get sense of who we are.
Title: VP, Associate Strategy Director
Company/Location: Patients and Purpose
Department/Discipline: Brand Planning
- The VP, Associate Strategy Director will be responsible for developing strategic plans backed by data for our clients and internal teams manifesting into programs & campaigns for patients that better their lives.
- This position will work with and report into the SVP, Director of Strategy, to further enhance our patient-centric approach to produce marketing campaigns that win. By doing so you’ll greatly impact and add value to the lives of the patients we touch. In this position you’re expected to be data-savvy, an ongoing student of human behavior, and always seeking new ways of garnering insights.
- Insights: The best strategies start with the best insights. And the VP, Associate Strategy Director knows how to get them. The VP, Associate Strategy Director will be responsible for defining the right audience to target and everything we can find out about them. Expertise on gleaning insights from data sources inclusive of consumer behavior, channel usage, patient journey, social media, and culture is required. Equally as important are qualitative insights. The VP, Associate Strategy Director will lead the design and/or consultation with market research departments on methodology, discussion guides, and interpreting the results. When needed, moderate interviews and focus groups. Ownership of the data and insights from client sources (research) and internal data mining
- Strategy: The VP, Associate Strategy Director will be responsible for developing many different types of strategic deliverables. These can be complex recommendations for an entire marketing ecosystem considering the competitive landscape, audience data/qual insights, and the brand business needs. Often, the deliverable may be just a portion of something larger, such as a segmentation strategy or persona development. The aim is to become the strategic brand steward across multiple clients/brands by leading clients to develop and deploy breakthrough brand strategies
- Briefs: Briefs are the key tool that distills insights and crystalizes a singular strategy/approach to move forward. The VP, Associate Strategy Director will be responsible for developing Creative Briefs and consult on project briefs that will kick our teams into action. Throughout the process, the VP, Associate Strategy Director will collaborate with the Account, Creative, and PM teams to ensure the work stays on strategy.
- Workshops and patient experiences: The VP, Associate Strategy Director will often be called on to develop workshops and other interactive/group participation experiences which tap into the collective wisdom and creativity of a team. VP, Associate Strategy Director will have the ability both lead with a point of view and actively listen to drive alignment across team and clients.
- New business: P&P is frequently involved in new business pitches, most of which require strategy involvement. The VP, Associate Strategy Director will be asked to join these efforts to lead the insight development process (data/qual), crystalize a Creative Brief, collaborate with creative to ensure concepts are on-brief, and prepare/present at the pitch.
- Thought leadership: Given the VP, Strategy Director’s role in integrated strategy, he/she will be responsible for developing POVs and blog posts on new trends, behaviors, and technologies, helping Patients & Purpose give our clients (and potential clients) valuable perspective and insight.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field; 8+ years of agency experience or equivalent.
- Pharmaceutical or healthcare experience strongly desired with a fundamental grasp of the constraints and opportunities for marketing within the category
- The successful candidate will have holistic experience in brand strategy, including:
- Account Planning
- Marketing/Channel strategy
- Must be passionate about emerging trends, methodologies, and technologies, and be able to apply them to our clients' businesses
- Proven collaborator who doesn’t need/want to be the smartest person in the room, check your ego at the door (Ability to work well with other disciplines, partnership with account and creative. Have a strong POV but maintain a collaborative work environment)
- Proactively engage with teams and find strategic opportunities
- Outstanding public speaking ability
- Use of data tools for insight mining (or ability to learn them)
The range below represents the low and high end of the base salary someone in this role may earn as an employee of an Omnicom Health Group company in the United States. Salaries will vary based on various factors including but not limited to professional and academic experience, training, associated responsibilities, and other business and organizational needs. The range listed is just one component of our total compensation package for employees. Salary decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each hire.
Omnicom Health Group is committed to hiring and developing exceptional talent. We agree that talent is equally distributed, and we’re focused on developing diverse teams that can bring the best solutions to everything we do. We strongly believe that celebrating what makes us different makes us better together. Join us—we look forward to getting to know you.