Senior Social Strategist
220 Varick St., New York, NY, 10014
We’re a full-service agency dedicated to patients and marketing health brands. Our purpose is to make patients better—better communicators with their doctors, better managers of their treatments, and better advocates for their health. Since we opened our doors in 2000 as CDMiConnect, we have always put patients first. Now, as Patients & Purpose, we’re proud to put them in our name.
Our People Make The Place
There’s a real sense of community and chemistry here. Our people are a little bit nicer, friendlier, and more collaborative. We genuinely enjoy what we do, and we come together to make a difference in patients’ lives. From new hire happy hours to seasonal events like our summer party, we’re a group that knows how to work hard and have fun.
The Senior Social Strategist, as part of our Emerging Digital Group (EDG), owns social strategy for the brands they work on. They will work alongside our social platform team, brand strategy, and creative to define audience personas, channel ecosystems, social patient journeys, and content & messaging strategies that meet our clients’ business goals in the social space.
What You’ll Do
- Own social media strategies, develop social audience personas, content pillars, key messages, and tactical recommendations for both paid, owned, and earned content.
- Partner with Brand Strategy on finding messaging focus for social and developing content frameworks for social execution.
- Partner with our social platform team and creative on tactical execution to provide oversight on creative development, ensuring it aligns with our strategic objectives
- Master the data tools we have within our stack (OMNI, Meltwater, eMarketer, Pathmatics, Q, Sprout Social, Tagger, etc.) and leverage them to understand healthcare audiences, pull unique insights, and make digital and social recommendations.
- Be a social and digital advocate at P&P
- Work collaboratively with teams to determine a brand’s role in social and how a brand meets business objectives in the social space
- Counsel both internal teams and clients on creative and messaging best practices on social
- Initiate social planning and growth opportunities (new campaigns, new platforms, evolving content strategy, etc.)
- Develop POVs on social trends, behaviors, and technologies to give our clients valuable perspective on the social landscape in healthcare
- Provide occasional trainings (like a Lunch & Learn) to internal agency teams to keep us all smart on the latest and greatest in social
- Provide input on paid social plans, tactics, and budgets prepared by partner media agencies to ensure they ladder back to the social strategy
What You’ll Bring
- At least 4 years of agency, consulting, or industry experience
- An expert-level understanding of all major social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok) as well as a strong understanding of social-adjacent platforms like Reddit and YouTube
- Have an interest in Influencer strategy, management, and content creation
- The ability to turn data points into insights that lead to actionable recommendations
- An understanding of other digital channels and tactics (OLA, SEO/SEM, CRM, etc.) and how social connects within our clients’ complete marketing ecosystems
- An understanding of the patient journey and how we can meet patients with thumbstopping, relevant content
- Strong knowledge of social media measurement and what we can and cannot measure, connecting it back to tactical plans and brand objectives to set social KPIs
- Solid presentation skills, passion, enthusiasm, and the ability to explain a space clients may not always fully understand in a way that gets them excited
- A collaborative nature that is unafraid to tap others for their unique perspectives and points of view as part of your work process
- Excitement for the everchanging social space – you don’t mind getting your hands dirty to experiment with new apps and technologies
- Pharmaceutical and healthcare experience (or experience in another regulated industry) is a major bonus!
The range below represents the low and high end of the base salary someone in this role may earn as an employee of an Omnicom Health Group company in the United States. Salaries will vary based on various factors including but not limited to professional and academic experience, training, associated responsibilities, and other business and organizational needs. The range listed is just one component of our total compensation package for employees. Salary decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each hire.
Omnicom Health Group is committed to hiring and developing exceptional talent. We agree that talent is equally distributed, and we’re focused on developing diverse teams that can bring the best solutions to everything we do. We strongly believe that celebrating what makes us different makes us better together. Join us—we look forward to getting to know you.