Omnicom Health Group is the largest healthcare marketing and communications network in the world—partnering with clients to achieve meaningful change through better, more innovative communications. With more than 5,000 dedicated healthcare communications specialists from every corner of science, medicine, marketing, and communications, we recognize that it takes the best of talent to deliver the best of health.
When you join Omnicom Health Group, you have access to opportunities across the most networked network. What does this mean for you? Your journey may start with one Omnicom Health Group company then pivot to another, followed by a move to another where you take your career in a whole new direction building your skills and experience each step on your journey. We’re eager for you to carve a path that works for you – and we’ll help you make it happen.
Title: Finance Director
Company/Location: Omnicom Health Group/New York, NY
Purpose: Finance Director is a key business partner responsible for the financial planning & analysis for Patients & Purpose, an Omnicom Health Group agency. Based in our NYC office, the FD will partner with the Omnicom Health Group CFO, as well as the Patients & Purpose CEO, President, and other agency leaders in keeping the agency on track in meeting it’s goals.
- Maintain and control compensation budget; including salary and related, freelance, staff allocation and utilization including working with Managing Directors and Human Resources for new hires and terminations.
- Create and maintain financial models for budgeting, forecasting, and reporting.
- Manage the revenue reporting and recognition process.
- Assist in monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting close for financial reporting.
- Position requires oversight as well as hands-on preparation of analyses and forecast scenarios.
- Provide excellent customer service to all employees, clients, and vendors.
- Assist with comp committee – approval of open positions with full knowledge of sows, utilization, revenue, including approval of freelancers and impact on profitability
- Oversee client finance managers to review SOWs, client profitability, client rebates and client contracts to help ensure compliance and understanding by other agency personnel.
- Hire, train, and manage finance team members. Lead by example, can create and foster a high functioning, collaborative finance team
Qualifications and Experience:
- 7-10+ years of related industry experience,
- College degree required
- Proven experience in managing people and in working cross functionally across an organization
- General management experience with bottom line P & L responsibility for a business with revenues reaching at least $50 million per annum
- The ability to collaborate with executive team members, clients and other business stakeholders to ensure the integrity of company standards and operations.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills; including strong presentation skills.
- Strong project management and performance management skills.
- Demonstrated financial management experience, including the development of financial projections, budgets, resources and managing to these appropriately.
- The ability to successfully manage multiple initiatives/projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- A positive attitude and the ability to thrive in a collaborative agency environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other basic desktop applications (i.e. MS Outlook, Exchange, internet tools, etc.) is assumed.
- Solid analytical problem solving.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively at all levels and functions
- Strong client-service orientation
- Track record of leadership, coaching and mentoring abilities
- Proven ability to manage projects to successful completion, multi-task, and work within tight deadlines.
- Sound business acumen; strategic skills; common sense
- Ability to lead a team effectively and provide direction to other members on the team
The range below represents the low and high end of the base salary someone in this role may earn as an employee of an Omnicom Health Group company in the United States. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to professional and academic experience, training, (where you live), associated responsibilities, and other business and organizational needs. The range listed is just one component our total compensation package for employees. Salary decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each hire, so if your salary requirements fall outside this range, we hope you’ll still decide to apply for this opportunity:
Omnicom Health Group is committed to hiring and developing exceptional talent. We agree that talent is equally distributed, and we’re focused on developing diverse teams that can bring the best solutions to everything we do. We strongly believe that celebrating what makes us different makes us better together. Join us—we look forward to getting to know you