Omnicom Health Group is the largest healthcare marketing and communications network in the world—partnering with clients to achieve meaningful change through better, more innovative communications. With more than 5,000 dedicated healthcare communications specialists from every corner of science, medicine, marketing, and communications, we recognize that it takes the best of talent to deliver the best of health.
When you join Omnicom Health Group, you have access to opportunities across the most networked network. What does this mean for you? Your journey may start with one Omnicom Health Group company then pivot to another, followed by a move to another where you take your career in a whole new direction building your skills and experience each step on your journey. We’re eager for you to carve a path that works for you – and we’ll help you make it happen.
Title: Project Manager
Location: New York, NY
Department/Discipline: Project Management
The Project Manager is responsible for managing projects with varying levels of complexity for assigned brands and collaborating with cross functional partners across various groups to deliver client satisfaction and agency excellence.
- Manage both simple and complex projects; escalate any/all issues in a timely fashion
- Maintain and/or support financial health of all assigned projects by analyzing financial and burn reports to mitigate risks and keep projects on budget
- Prepare/validate project scopes/plans (deliverables, schedules, budgets, assumptions, etc.)
- Develop and maintain critical business documents related to project/plans, risk mitigation forms and change orders
- Conduct internal and, where appropriate, client facing project status meetings in collaboration with account management to inform clients of assigned project schedules, critical milestones, and critical dependencies
- Manage print projects by coordinating tasks and deliverables from internal departments including production, graphic services/design studio, and external vendors as required
- Manage high complexity digital projects by coordinating deliverables from internal departments including technology, data, and strategy. Manage relationships with external vendors as required
- Participate in agency and project management team initiatives and projects (new business, training, implementation of new processes or applications)
- Mentor junior members of the project management team; supervise direct report(s) and help with their growth and development
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ experience, with 2+ years’ proficiency in Interactive/Digital Project Management
- Comprehensive knowledge and skills across all multi-channel media (print, digital, and social media), and ability to apply leading edge project management philosophy, tools and techniques to improve marketing and advertising execution
- Advertising agency experience required
- Healthcare and/or pharmaceutical experience strongly desired
- Strong financial/budget-management experience required
- Solid track record of successfully leading projects from initiation to completion, error-free, on-time and on-budget
- Strong computer skills required including high level of computer competency and associated software (Microsoft Suite: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project and Adobe Acrobat Pro) required. Previous experience with project management software is recommended (WorkFront, At Task, Float, Hive)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships to gain trust and respect
- Build constructive relationships to foster collaboration and cross-functional thinking
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Creative, innovative, enthusiastic problem solver demonstrating influencing skills; exhibits strong mentoring, teamwork, and client-service orientation
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly, easily make connections among previously unrelated ideas, and enjoy the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- Ability to regularly exercise judgement and discretion in order to manage jobs
- In person client travel is required
The range below represents the low and high end of the base salary someone in this role may earn as an employee of an Omnicom Health Group company in the United States. Salaries will vary based on various factors including but not limited to professional and academic experience, training, associated responsibilities, and other business and organizational needs. The range listed is just one component of our total compensation package for employees. Salary decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each hire.
Omnicom Health Group is committed to hiring and developing exceptional talent. We agree that talent is equally distributed, and we’re focused on developing diverse teams that can bring the best solutions to everything we do. We strongly believe that celebrating what makes us different makes us better together. Join us—we look forward to getting to know you.