Omnicom Health Group is the largest healthcare marketing and communications network in the world—partnering with clients to achieve meaningful change through better, more innovative communications. With more than 5,000 dedicated healthcare communications specialists from every corner of science, medicine, marketing, and communications, we recognize that it takes the best of talent to deliver the best of health.
When you join Omnicom Health Group, you have access to opportunities across the most networked network. What does this mean for you? Your journey may start with one Omnicom Health Group company then pivot to another, followed by a move to another where you take your career in a whole new direction building your skills and experience each step on your journey. We’re eager for you to carve a path that works for you – and we’ll help you make it happen.
Title: Group Account Supervisor
Company/Location: New York, NY
Department/Discipline: Account Management
The Group Account Supervisor will operate on multiple levels, both internally and externally, to strategically manage the brand, agency team and client relationship
- Demonstrate "Big Picture" thinking view of Brand and business and provide strategic contributions to success of Brand
- Lead strategic and tactical planning process
- Demonstrate mastery of brand category and competitive data, including key studies
- Aggressively monitor and understand the competitive landscape, both strategic and creative
- Seek opportunities to showcase agency work among current and prospective clients
- Seek opportunities to grow business within current accounts and into new accounts connected with that client
- Demonstrate the fiscal acumen to lead a profitable account
- Aggressively monitor fee performance to encourage/ensure profitability.
- Demonstrate ability to determine and negotiate budget needs, produce accurate and timely fee reconciliations, and provide input to development of the fee
- Manage expectations of both the agency staff and client to ensure a positive, productive atmosphere
- Ensure that all Agency work represents the best we have to offer -- strategically sound, arresting creative, and error-free
- Keep abreast of marketing/advertising and brand-specific trends in order to offer added-value to the client/creative product
- Demonstrate ability to adapt to various client corporate cultures.
- Keeping senior management briefed on account activities
- Continue to refine skills in strategy and the business planning process
- Articulate agency POV without being afraid to take a stand
- Strategically problem solve for discrepancies between client and agency
- Act as a positive role model for agency at client and industry events
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of client's business and actively seek opportunities for further account development
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze market research, identify strategic issues, and effectively communicate findings
- Establish credibility with clients at all levels and embody service-oriented attitude
- Become trusted and integral strategic advisor to the client team
- College degree, preferably in marketing, advertising, communications or science/medicine
- 5 - 7 years Agency or comparable experience (HCP Agency marketing experience preferred)
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Well-developed knowledge of business practices/vendor relations
- Maturity to handle independent senior-level Client contact
- Ability to manage and train staff
- Successful history of growing brands and possibly launching brands
- Understanding of therapeutic categories/disease states
The range below represents the low and high end of the base salary someone in this role may earn as an employee of an Omnicom Health Group company in the United States. Salaries will vary based on various factors including but not limited to professional and academic experience, training, associated responsibilities, and other business and organizational needs. The range listed is just one component of our total compensation package for employees. Salary decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each hire.
Omnicom Health Group is committed to hiring and developing exceptional talent. We agree that talent is equally distributed, and we’re focused on developing diverse teams that can bring the best solutions to everything we do. We strongly believe that celebrating what makes us different makes us better together. Join us—we look forward to getting to know you.