Freelance Bilingual Senior Medical Copy Editor
Overview: The Freelance Bilingual Senior Medical Copy Editor will be the lead editor on multiple brands. Bilingual Senior Medical Copy Editors will be well versed in the science of their brands and that of the competitors, the client’s style, and AMA style. Bilingual Senior Medical Copy Editors are expected to model the four core values of substance, style, conviction, and grace, as well as mentor less experienced Copy Editors. With an eye for detail, the Bilingual Senior Medical Copy Editor will work with their Account and Project Management team members to ensure that the highest quality of work is being produced within given project timelines.
- Lead copy editor on multiple brands
- Copyedit, fact-check, and proofread a variety of promotional and educational materials in Spanish for physicians, other healthcare professionals, and patients from manuscript through print or digital production
- Work closely on translation projects with Account Services, Copywriters, and translation vendors to ensure the Spanish materials and their respective tri-column/bi-column manuscripts are of the highest quality in terms of translation accuracy, cultural relevance, utility, health literacy, readability, appeal, and consistency across brand pieces
- Work closely with Account Services, Copywriters, Art Directors, and other team members to ensure that Latinx adaptations and original creative materials are of the highest quality in terms of accuracy, utility, clarity, readability, and appeal
- Work with Account Services and Project Managers on timing of quality control of Latinx projects
- Provide guidance to less experienced Copy Editors
- Help Copywriters and Account team with research and article retrieval
- Create and maintain brand style guides
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three to five years’ copyediting experience in a pharmaceutical advertising agency, in-house agency, or medical publishing company preferred. Will consider candidates with copyediting experience in other fields
- At least 1 year of experience partnering with translation vendors to produce Latinx pieces
- Working knowledge of AMA Manual of Style, 10th edition desirable
- Experience using Adobe Acrobat to copyedit is a plus
The things that make this opportunity special include:
- We develop our people. We have a strong track record of training people with little or no pharma experience who go on to have long and successful careers.
- We work together. Yes, we work hard to meet challenging deadlines. But our department shares work as a team and supports each other so nobody is left on their own.
- We care about patients. Our mission is to provide patients with the information they need in a way they can understand. If you’re passionate about giving patients a voice, we’re the place to make that happen.
- We’re part of the brand team. At some agencies, Editorial is a support service that picks up work on a taxi-rank basis. At Patients & Purpose, you have the chance to develop your voice as a valuable member of your brand team.
- We’re part of the Equal Health Group. There is a P&P branch that advocates for health equity across all brands and clients. We strive to provide all patients with the fair chance of being as healthy as possible, regardless of race, ethnic background, gender, sexual orientation, and income.
- We get technology. We’re dedicated to finding the best ways to communicate, and we’ve pioneered industry firsts in web design, social media, and other emerging technologies.
Omnicom Health Group is committed to hiring and developing exceptional talent. We agree that talent is equally distributed, and we’re focused on developing diverse teams that can bring the best solutions to everything we do. We strongly believe that celebrating what makes us different makes us better together. Join us—we look forward to getting to know you.