Overview: The Senior Medical Copy Editor will be the lead editor on multiple brands. Senior Medical Copy Editors will be well versed in the science of their brands and that of the competitors, the client’s style, and AMA style. Senior Medical Copy Editors are expected to model the four core values of substance, style, conviction, and grace, as well as mentor less experienced Copy Editors. With an eye for detail, the Senior Medical Copy Editor will work with their Account and Project Management team members to ensure that the highest quality of work is being produced within given project timelines.
- Lead copy editor on multiple brands
- Copyedit, fact-check, and proofread a variety of promotional and educational materials for physicians, other healthcare professionals, and patients from manuscript through print or digital production
- Work closely with Account Services, Copywriters, Art Directors, and other team members to ensure that print and digital materials are of the highest quality in terms of accuracy, utility, clarity, readability, and appeal
- Work with Account Services and Project Managers on timing of quality control of projects
- Provide guidance to less experienced Copy Editors
- Help Copywriters and Account team with research and article retrieval
- Create and maintain brand style guides
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three to five years’ copyediting experience in a pharmaceutical advertising agency, in-house agency, or medical publishing company preferred. Will consider candidates with copyediting experience in other fields
- Working knowledge of AMA Manual of Style, 10th edition desirable
- Experience using Adobe Acrobat to copyedit is a plus
The things that make this opportunity special include:
- We develop our people. We have a strong track record of training people with little or no pharma experience who go on to have long and successful careers.
- We work together. Yes, we work hard to meet challenging deadlines. But our department shares work as a team and supports each other so nobody is left on their own.
- We care about patients. Our mission is to provide patients with the information they need in a way they can understand. If you’re passionate about giving patients a voice, we’re the place to make that happen.
- We’re part of the brand team. At some agencies, Editorial is a support service that picks up work on a taxi-rank basis. At Patients & Purpose, you have the chance to develop your voice as a valuable member of your brand team.
- We get technology. We’re dedicated to finding the best ways to communicate, and we’ve pioneered industry firsts in web design, social media, and other emerging technologies.
Omnicom Health Group is an EOE/AA Employer.
Omnicom Health Group is committed to hiring and developing exceptional talent. We agree that talent is equally distributed, and we’re focused on developing diverse teams that can bring the best solutions to everything we do. We strongly believe that celebrating what makes us different makes us better together. Join us—we look forward to getting to know you