Title: Creative Assistant
Company/Location: Patients & Purpose – New York, New York
Core Competencies: Creativity, Customer Focus, and Interpersonal Savvy
We are looking for a rock-star Creative Assistant. This is a unique role at Patients & Purpose and in the industry. It enables the candidate to split their time between gaining mastery in Copywriting while supporting two Managing Partners, including the Executive Creative Director. Through learning opportunities, and on the job experiences the Creative Assistant will prepare for a creative career in Advertising, specifically focused on patients.
The ideal candidate will be creative, professional, collaborative eager to learn, and fun. He/She will be able to apply all the great skills that will be gained in this entry-level position.
- Provide calendar scheduling, travel planning and coordination, expense submissions and administrative assistance to the two Managing Partners in the department.
- Reorganize and prioritize meetings when the calendar is full and an additional meeting needs to happen (Must be on top of what is a priority so you know what can be moved).
- Utilize project management skills to administer and coordinate creative award submissions.
- Help organize and execute Creative Department, and Patients & Purpose events and gatherings.
- Participate in development and execution of creative projects.
- Contribute to brainstorming ideas, developing concepts, tactical and strategic planning, and producing brand specific messaging for print and digital deliverables with oversight and direction from the senior copy team.
- Be open to learning what it means to execute creative work and how to function as a member of a cross-functional team.
- Learn and master all proprietary systems, workflows and processes applicable to the creative department.
- Engage in Patients & Purpose and creative team initiatives as appropriate.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Entry-level portfolio of advertising work is a MUST.
- We seek entry-level candidates who have strong organizational, multi-tasking and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in advertising, communications or journalism and/or related coursework.
- Candidates should be highly experienced working on Mac platforms.
- Adobe Creative Suite and Digital platform experience is ideal but not a necessity.
- Project management experiences a big plus, especially with regard to award submissions (working understanding of deadlines and deliverables).
- A problem solver who is comfortable taking action in the absence of daily management (when MP is out, etc).
- No agency experience required.
- Candidates MUST HAVE a strong interest in health, pharma or patient marketing
Omnicom Health Group is committed to hiring and developing exceptional talent. We agree that talent is equally distributed, and we’re focused on developing diverse teams that can bring the best solutions to everything we do. We strongly believe that celebrating what makes us different makes us better together. Join us—we look forward to getting to know you