Title: Resource Manager/Project Manager
Company/Location: Patients & Purpose, New York
Department/Discipline: Project Management & Creative Departments
The Resource Manager/Creative Supervisor is a creative thinker who supports the Creative and Project Management leadership team and, thus Agency, on creative staffing and project resourcing. This individual will become a trusted person who is in touch with cross-agency leadership and staff. As a partner to Creative and Project Management leadership, the Resource Manager (RM) will manage logistics of workflow with full-time creatives, and be the conduit for requesting Co-Opers, freelance requests and assignments. Vacation schedules will flow through the RM, keeping an eye on OOTO schedules for business, personal, sick and vacation.
- Creative resource management: The RM will be expected to have an understanding of full-time and freelance staffing needs, informed by the Account, Project Management and Creative departments with knowledge of financials and forecasts. He/she will check workloads and assign projects based on availability. On a weekly basis, the RM will have touch points with Creative leads, review status reports and project financials as needed.
- Staff: The RM will become a valued member of the agency, promoting interdepartmental communication, gaining the trust of creatives, increasing efficiency and effectiveness of the agency. He/she will become a mentor, address concerns related to workload, and help set goals for the week and months ahead. When issues arise, the RM will be an “ear on the ground,” having the ability to resolve conflicts or quickly elevate to senior leadership.
- Financials: The RM will be integral to meeting utilization goals and assessing gaps and opportunities. The RM will partner with the Finance department, including but not limited to resource allocations and monthly realization. He/She will also be a representative at department end of quarter meetings.
- Creative Quality Control: The RM will have a working database to quickly assess staff strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities to ensure efficiency as well as individual creative growth goals.
- Training: The RM will support HR and Creative managers with onboarding of new hires in the creative department.
The RM must be forward thinking, creative, self-driven, analytical and thrive in a fast-paced environment. This person should exude trust and needs to be able to give direction and guidance while being empathetic (if needed) yet direct. The RM should be trained to handle conflicts and be a proactive decision maker. The RM must be meticulous and very structured, and have agency experience. The RM should be have experience with Microsoft office, with advanced proficiency in excel.